Everyone has a stake in health care. The North East LHIN believes that engaged communities are healthy communities. We want everyone in Northeastern Ontario to share their thoughts on how to make our health care system better, more patient-centred, more coordinated, and easier to navigate.
Every day, LHIN staff and board members actively engage with fellow Northerners, community leaders, health care service providers and board members, local government leaders and many others. Our focus is always the same – how can access to care be increased for fellow Northerners.
Both our 2013-2016 Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP) strategic plan, and our plan for 2016-2019, were based on the input of thousands of Northerners.
Our ongoing engagement work reflects the specific needs of Francophone and Aboriginal/First Nation/Métis people who make up 23 per cent and 11 per cent of our region respectively.
In our efforts to keep communities informed, we continue to use, among others, the following communication vehicles:
- Engagement sessions in communities across our 400,000 square kilometre region.
- Dialogue through media releases, communiqués, newsletters, community presentations, and proactive media liaison.
- LHIN 101 education sessions, presentations and round-table discussions with community groups.
- Web posting of public accountability reports.
- Public meetings of the Board of Directors held at locations across the Northeast
- Technology: virtual coffee breaks (audio-teleconferences), blogs, as well as interactive social media including twitter, Facebook, YouTube.
Stay Informed, Get Involved, Contact Us
There are several ways you can learn more and engage with the North East LHIN so that you are connected to our planning and integration efforts.