The North East LHIN continues to take an active role in this important work for seniors, patients and their families by working with health care partners and health service providers to ensure enhanced access and services within five areas of focus:
- Exercise and falls prevention classes for seniors in community settings;
- One-on-one physiotherapy for all long-term care residents with assessed need, in addition to group exercise classes;
- In-home physiotherapy for seniors and people with mobility issues;
- Clinic-based physiotherapy services across Ontario for seniors and eligible patients; and
- Integration of physiotherapy into family health care settings, including Family Health Teams, Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics, Aboriginal Health Access Centres.
Exercise and Falls
The North East LHIN funds free exercise and falls prevention classes for older adults in communities all across Northeastern Ontario. Click here to view exercise classes for older adults in your area.
All North East LHIN-funded Long-Term Care Homes provide:
- Physiotherapy services on a one-on-one basis to residents as appropriate.
- Exercise and falls prevention classes to all long-term care home residents.
Please contact your Long-Term Care Home directly for further information or to learn more about programs and services.
Community Based Physiotherapy
To access the current list of publicly-funded community-based physiotherapy clinics in the North East LHIN, please visit the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s website. Choose the North East LHIN to view clinic locations in Northeastern Ontario. This list is updated as clinics are added so check back regularly.
For Further Information
If you have questions regarding the work underway at the North East LHIN, you may contact:
Wendy Carew – Officer, NE LHIN
Toll Free: 1-866-906-5446