Quality Care in the North East LHIN
Quality is an integral part of the NE LHIN’s Integrated Health Service Plan 2016-2019.
For the NE LHIN, equity in health care means that everyone has access to the same high standard of care no matter where they live, what they earn, or what language they speak. The ultimate goal of aligning the NE LHIN quality agenda with the needs of Northerners is to create a culture of quality that enables improved patient outcomes and health care experience.
The NE LHIN is working to improve the overall health status of Northerners through work on quality initiatives with representatives from all LHIN-funded sectors, Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, Health Quality Ontario, Ontario Hospital Association, front-line providers, and patients and caregivers.
Draft Quality Standards are Awaiting Feedback!
- Health Quality Ontario is developing a quality standard, outlining for patients and clinicians what quality care looks like for people with low back pain. Click here to read the draft quality standard and provide your feedback.
- Health Quality Ontario and the Ontario Palliative Care Network have released a new quality standard on palliative care.
- Health Quality Ontario and the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health have released a new quality standard with accompanying patient guide and recommendations for system adoption: Vaginal Birth After Caesarean.
From Inspiration to Action Forum - November 16, 2017
On Thursday November 16th, the North East LHIN and Health Quality Ontario hosted an evening to celebrate ideas that have helped to change the delivery of quality care across Northeastern Ontario. The first INSPIRATION to ACTION forum was an opportunity to share and celebrate the stories of innovators in the health care field and learn about how they grew ideas into lasting system changes.
For those who were unable to attend the event in person, a video of the forum’s proceedings is available! Get inspired by the great ideas and by the people who are creating change to improve quality care in northeastern Ontario. The approximate timings for the forum’s presenting speakers are listed below:
- Dr. Joshua Tepper, Health Quality Ontario (0:07)
- Dr. Amanda Hey, Northeast Cancer Centre (16:10)
- Dr. Yves Raymond, Timmins Family Health Team (38:00)
- Mariette Sutherland, Sudbury and District Health Unit (1:02:58)
North East Quality Matters Newsletter
To improve patient outcomes and health care experience, the North East LHIN wants you to be part of a North East quality network that is informed of best practices in quality health care. This newsletter, along with materials found on our website, will help keep you informed of NE LHIN and HQO efforts on this priority.
NE LHIN Regional Quality Table
Through the establishment of a Regional Quality Table, HQO and the NE LHIN are collaborating to advance clinical quality in a coordinated way that supports improvement to patient care. Dr. Dhatt will chair the NE LHIN Regional Quality Table.
The Regional Quality Table will focus on quality challenges and initiatives. It will align regional and provincial strategic directions and will play an instrumental role in implementing quality plans that drive both system improvements and patient’s health care experience. Click here for a list of Regional Quality Table members.
For information, please contact Jennifer Osesky, NE LHIN Quality Lead Officer, at email@example.com or 705-910-0437.