Quality Care in the North East LHIN
Quality is an integral part of the NE LHIN’s Integrated Health Service Plan 2016-2019.
For the NE LHIN, equity in health care means that everyone has access to the same high standard of care no matter where they live, what they earn, or what language they speak. The ultimate goal of aligning the NE LHIN quality agenda with the needs of Northerners is to create a culture of quality that enables improved patient outcomes and health care experience.
The NE LHIN is working to improve the overall health status of Northerners through work on quality initiatives with representatives from all LHIN-funded sectors, Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, Health Quality Ontario, Ontario Hospital Association, front-line providers, and patients and caregivers.
Clinical Quality Lead
In May, 2016, Dr. Reena Dhatt, a family physician based in Sudbury, was been appointed to lead efforts to align the quality agenda, with improved patient outcomes. Dr. Dhatt has a dual reporting relationship to the Chief of Clinical Quality at HQO and the CEO of the NE LHIN.
NE LHIN Regional Quality Table
Through the establishment of a Regional Quality Table, HQO and the NE LHIN are collaborating to advance clinical quality in a coordinated way that supports improvement to patient care. Dr. Dhatt will chair the NE LHIN Regional Quality Table.
The Regional Quality Table will focus on quality challenges and initiatives. It will align regional and provincial strategic directions and will play an instrumental role in implementing quality plans that drive both system improvements and patient’s health care experience.
- Dr. Reena Dhatt, Clinical Quality Lead
- Dr. Paul Preston, Primary Care Lead
- Dr. Derek Manchuk, Critical Care Lead
- Dr. Gary Bota, Emergency Department Lead
- Debbie Barnard, Health Sciences North
- Denis Constantineau, Centre de santé communautaire du Grand Sudbury
- Joanna DeGraaf-Dunlop, HQO
- France Dallaire, Sensenbrenner Hospital
- Mark Hartman, Regional Cancer and Clinical Support Program, HSN/Regional VP, Cancer Care Ontario
- Paul Heinrich, North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Richard Joly, North East Community Care Access Centre
- Caroline Lidstone-Jones, Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
- Cynthia MacKay, SSM Group Health
- Dr. Penny Moody-Corbett, NOSM
- David Munch, Finlandia Village
- Monique Rocheleau, Réseau du mieux-être francophone du Nord de l’Ontario
- Marion Quigley, Canadian Mental Health Association Sudbury-Manitoulin
- Kerrie St-Jean, Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Dr. Penny Sutcliffe, Sudbury District Health Unit.